[RC5] rc5des-403-hpux10-hppa

Greg Wooledge wooledge at kellnet.com
Sat May 16 08:03:41 EDT 1998

Jim C. Nasby (nasby at enteract.com) wrote:

> Greg-
> As a workaround, have you tried specifing an IP address for the keyserver?

What I posted is the output after having put the keyserver IP address into
the .ini file.

> > # ./rc5des-403-hpux10-hppa -update
> >
> > RC5DES v2.7020.403 client - a project of distributed.net
> > Copyright distributed.net 1997
> > Visit http://www.distributed.net/ for more information.  './rc5des-403-hpux10-hppa HELP' for usage
> >
> > Connecting to 148.141.1.67...
> > Connecting to 205.149.163.211...
> > Network::Error Read failed 3/0

In this case, I used an IP address (148.141.1.67) for the HTTP proxy
gateway, and an IP address (206.149.163.211) for the keyserver.  I wanted
to ensure that there were no name resolution issues at all.

I probably should've included the .ini file in that message, but since
this message is merely a bug-continuation report I hoped that having
included the .ini file in the previous, original bug report message from
a couple weeks ago would be sufficient.  Sorry for any confusion.

--
"Daddy, why do those people have to    |   Greg Wooledge
  use Microsoft Windows?"              |   wooledge at kellnet.com
"Don't stare, son; it's not polite."   |   http://www.kellnet.com/wooledge/
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net