[RC5] Dos Client

Paul Turpie turpie at pemail.net
Wed May 20 09:56:47 EDT 1998

For my DOS machine I simply let it run for about a month off a floppy, then
I put the disk in my Win95 machine and use the win32 command line client on
the disk to -update my buffers.  To simplify this up I have a shortcut
pointing to the client that includes the -update option.

Also on the Win95 machine I use NetLaunch
(http://www.primenet.com/~simpson/) for starting my dial-up connections to
the net. I've got NetLaunch setup to start the Win32 CLI client to update my
buffers as soon as I connect, as well as D4 to synch my clock, and hopefully
soon to update my desktop to the latest weather satellite image of
Australia.
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net