[RC5] Personal proxy assistance needed

TODD HUMPHRIES - LNA TODD.HUMPHRIES at lion-nathan.com.au
Tue May 19 12:54:23 EDT 1998

I tried to set up a pproxy to run thru a MS Proxy Server v2 type
firewall and had no luck. I gave up and emailed rc5help at distributed.net
and got a reply from Mike Silbersack telling me:

"I checked with our proxy programmers, and it turns out that different
code is used with the proxies than the clients... I'm
not sure if this can be changed or not (proxies use a different
communications method than clients do.)  So, for now, don't
spend any more time trying to get it to work. :)"

Does that help?

Todd.