[RC5] RE: What's wrong with very nice?

Lee Dilkie Lee at Dilkie.com
Tue May 19 23:42:33 EDT 1998

Found it! The APC powerchute system tray icon program thingie was
sucking up lots of cpu and for some reason was interfering with the
client with it was minimized. go figure.

All is well again.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lee Dilkie
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 1998 6:13 PM
To: 'rc5 at llamas.net'
Subject: What's wrong with very nice?

Hi,

I've been using the latest win95 client for several weeks now and I've
just noticed that the client drops to 0% cpu when I icon-ify the client.
I've had to bump up the priority to the next level to get it to work
correctly. Anyone else see this behaviour? I do notice from my keyrate
graph that it's something I've done in the last few days because before
then the keyrate was high. I've installed a second comm card and
installed some UPS software, plus all my usual dicking around with the
system. Not happy until I break something!

TIA,

-lee
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net