[RC5] RE: What's wrong with very nice?

weath at best.com weath at best.com
Wed May 20 10:31:44 EDT 1998

> From:          Lee Dilkie <Lee at Dilkie.com>
> To:            "'rc5 at llamas.net'" <rc5 at llamas.net>
> Subject:       [RC5] RE: What's wrong with very nice?
> Date:          Tue, 19 May 1998 22:42:33 -0400

> Found it! The APC powerchute system tray icon program thingie was
> sucking up lots of cpu and for some reason was interfering with the
> client with it was minimized. go figure.
>
> All is well again.

I've found as a general rule that the more sys-tray icons you have
in Win95, the slower the keyrate is.  I killed off several
unneccessary ones, such as installation monitors, disk utilities,
etc., and my keyrate went from about 250 to 300 that day.  I haven't
checked to see exactly what was dragging it down.  You might want to
check your computer for other progs that are sucking up background
time unneccessarily.

Jeremy Weatherford
weath at best.com
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net