[RC5] What's wrong with very nice?

gindrup at okway.okstate.edu gindrup at okway.okstate.edu
Wed May 20 15:30:44 EDT 1998

     Your UPS software is also in the idle execution class.
     Unfortunately, it's not at the bottom of the idle execution class.
     It is getting all the idle cycles and the RC5 client is getting
     none.

     You *could* request that the UPS software writers lower the priority
     even further because, apparently, there are other programs that just
     won't run if there is an always-ready top-of-the-idle-class process.
      There is a Java garbage collector that wouldn't run unless the
     priority of the RC5 client was lowered to the bottom of the idle
     class...
            -- Eric Gindrup ! gindrup at okway.okstate.edu