[RC5] Latest stats page mods

gindrup at okway.okstate.edu gindrup at okway.okstate.edu
Wed May 27 09:06:24 EDT 1998

     And everything I've read indicates that orange on violet is the best
     color combination (for various reasons)...

     What's important here, I think, is that there be relief from
     high-luminance signals.  I don't disagree since I prefer yellow on
     dark blue.  (I just can't take the last step to orange/violet.)  I
     also prefer web sites that have light/bright text on dark
     backgrounds.

     If the page is too bright, then I start to get extra eyestrain from
     seeing my own reflection in the monitor.  I *actually wear dark
     colors* to reduce this kind of eye strain and intentionally choose
     color sets that reduce the luminance of the screen.

     Older monitors tend to smear signal (white) onto non-signal (black),
     so bright on dark is more readable on old monitors.  Old eyes do the
     same sorts of things.

     However, I don't "get a vote" on the site choice.  If I had wanted a
     say in the site design, I would have submitted a design to the
     contest...
            -- Eric Gindrup ! gindrup at okway.okstate.edu