[RC5] Personal proxy assistance needed

Nick Leverton leveret at warren.demon.co.uk
Thu May 28 17:02:12 EDT 1998

Todd Humphries writes:
>I tried to set up a pproxy to run thru a MS Proxy Server v2 type
>firewall and had no luck. I gave up and emailed rc5help at distributed.net
>and got a reply from Mike Silbersack telling me:
>
>"I checked with our proxy programmers, and it turns out that different
>code is used with the proxies than the clients... I'm
>not sure if this can be changed or not (proxies use a different
>communications method than clients do.)  So, for now, don't
>spend any more time trying to get it to work. :)"

I'd pretty much come to the same conclusion.  I'd really like to get a
pproxy running here to make it easy for others in the company to join
the challenge, but it just won't work for me - I believe we have MS
proxy server too.  I tried to join the pproxy mailing list but only got
bounces from the list manager.  Does anyone have any more info on
whether or when it is likely to be fixed ?

Nick
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net