[RC5] Different DES code in Irix mips clients?

Mike Silbersack silby at execpc.com
Thu May 28 13:39:40 EDT 1998

On Mon, 25 May 1998 20:20:56 +0200 (MET DST), Samel Vitezslav wrote:

>  Authors of 396 code refer to DES code as "Meggs' DES C code".
>
>  So my question is:
>  Is there an intent to build DES code based on this faster slice ??
>
>--
>Vitezslav Samel, student of Technical University, Brno, Czech republic

Right now we're in the process of testing different s-boxes.  The ones
used in 405 (which should be out within the next few days in beta)
should be faster than 396.
Mike "Silby" Silbersack
silby at execpc.com
Distributed.Net Tech Support

We cracked RC5-56.  We cracked DES.  Can you help us with RC5-64?
Put your idle CPU to work:  Add it to the world's LARGEST computer.
http://www.distributed.net/

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net