[RC5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #203

Brice D. Fleckenstein ciga at surf-ici.com
Fri May 29 08:54:43 EDT 1998

> 1) Telling me its detected a class 4 CPU from AMD
> 2) Running the AMD 486, Cyrix 6x86/6x86MX/M2 code
>
> As i don't know what a 'class 4 AMD CPU' is, im not sure which step
> it is making an error on.

 "Class 4 AMD CPU" appears to be referring to the "enhanced 486" AMD
CPUs, including some of the 486DX4-100, 486DX4-120 and all 5x86-133
AMDs.

 The ones that get the CPU type = 4 in the .ini file if you specifically
select them.

--
 My alt.callahans news server is up and running at 208.134.79.21

 "It takes as much courage to try and fail, as it does to try and
succeed." - Anne Lindburg
 My opinions are my own, and no others. Please email me copies of any