[RC5] Math Problems

David McNett nugget at slacker.com
Tue Nov 3 10:46:44 EST 1998

On 02-Nov-1998, Matthew Morgan wrote:
> If I were to try to attempt to do the math, on paper, that our computers
> are doing, what would the average equation look like?

A lot less like math and a lot more like gibberish.  :)

The block cipher itself is defined in rfc2040 with reference c code
which can be viewed at ftp://ftp.rsa.com/pub/rc5/rfc2040.txt

A version that's aimed more at the mathmetician and less at the
programmer can be seen at ftp://ftp.rsa.com/pub/rc5/rc5-report.pdf
(Adobe Acrobat / pdf format).

Be forewarned, it's not for the faint-hearted, however.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net