[RC5] Idea for the stats box

djh djh at null.net
Mon Nov 9 23:05:44 EST 1998

I like that one.  I would like simple stats like average kkeys/s would give
people a good idea of how fast they are (aren't) going compared to the rest
of the contributors.

How about a top newcomers list?

Or a browsable list of ALL contributors, maybe on a weekly basis if the list
would take to long to generate?  ..or even who the closest matched
contributors (in total keys and/or kkeys/s) to yourself are to encourage
'pride in your keyrate' as one of the keyservers tells me.

Am I talking about a stats nightmare?  8-)

Aaron's idea helps to make people /feel/ as though they are contributing
rather than leaving that feeling to the monster crunchers in the Top 100
listings.

                        _ djh
--
  o          "I guess we were all guilty, in a way.  We all shot him,
  o           we all skinned him, and we all got a complimentary bumper

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net