[RC5] Idea for the stats box

David Tarkowski dtarkows at mit.edu
Tue Nov 10 00:41:50 EST 1998

Okay, while we are pestering our hardworking (and overworked) stats "team," I
would like to add my two cents.  I think it would be neat to show a relation
to the RC5-56 keyspace.  For example, the stats run of 08 Nov 1998 says that
12732368 blocks were completed yesterday.  That means that we would completely
exhaust the RC5-56 keyspace in just about 21 days!  Now I remember when RC5-56
had an estimated completion time measured in decades, if not centuries, so
that is really impressive to me.  I know that the stats are a time consuming
chore, but I want to share my idea.

-Dave
--
Handle with Extreme Care: This Message Contains Minute Electrically
Charged Particles Moving at Velocities in Excess of Five Hundred Million

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net