[RC5] Proper method for importing buff-out files?

Scott, John John.Scott at pcs.bls.com
Tue Nov 17 10:58:45 EST 1998

I find the performance of the Xeon somewhat disappointing.  I expected it to
be a somewhat better.  I am running a PII-350 and am getting 980K kps.  What
is the speed of the processors?  If they are running 400Mhz that it would be
about right.  I expect you are lousing some performance due to the
multi-processor communications.  I am also assuming that it was using 2
processors instead of 4.

You can stop processing on your laptop and copy your buffer files to a safe
location.  Copy the buffer files from the Xeon box to your RC5 directory and
perform a flush.  Then copy your original laptop buffers back to the RC5
directory and start processing where you left off.

-John Scott
kd4vhg at radio.org