[RC5] Remote Cows problems

Bryan Talbot btalbot at ucsd.edu
Tue Nov 17 17:39:09 EST 1998

Has anyone here had any luck getting the Remote Cows NT service manager to
work as it should?  I can't get it to install the client properly, it
always fails with a lovely "Unknown error" dialog box.  The service gets
installed in the service manager, but no files are ever copied to the
remote machine.  I have admin privileges on both the local and remote
machines.  I can copy the files to the remote machine manually just fine,
so it doesn't seem to be a file permissions problem.

I've written the author about my problems twice and have been ignored each
time.  I have about a dozen more PII's I could be running the client on,
but I really need a way to easily manage the clients.

Bryan

ATTENTION: Despite any other listing of message contents found
herein, the reader is advised that, in actuality, this message
consists of 99.9999999999% empty space.
         "I think not!" said Descartes, who promptly disappeared.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net