[RC5] Remote Cows problems

Bryan Talbot btalbot at ucsd.edu
Wed Nov 18 16:57:29 EST 1998

Thanks for the help.  Randy Carver got me to a solution.  I had assumed
that Remote Cows wanted a UNC name for the remote machine (e.g. \\cracker)
when it actually just wanted a bare machine name (e.g. cracker).  The funny
thing was that the UNC name would work enough to register the service with
the remote machine's service control manager, but it could not copy files
and such.  So, it just kinda worked half-way and that threw me off.

Thanks again,
Bryan

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net