[RC5] Proper method for importing buff-out files?

Jonas Maebe Jonas.Maebe at rug.ac.be
Wed Nov 18 18:11:17 EST 1998

>Actually, I believe on P-IIs (plenty of L2) vs. old Celerons (no L2),
>the keys/MHz doesn't change noticeably.  By that argument, the Xeons
>shouldn't improve the keys/MHz any over P-IIs.

The cracking algorithm most likely isn't more than 16 kb, so it should
fit easily into the L1 code cache (which may even be 32Kb, I don't know
for sure). That way, L2 cahce size should have very little to do with it
(except that overal system speed increases, so the client possibly gets
more cycles)

Jonas

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net