[RC5] Linux as gateway.

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Fri Sep 4 17:55:25 EDT 1998

Hi all,

this is more of a Linux problem than an rc5 problem, but maybe one of you out there has had this problem.  I have an IBM RS6000 F50 running aix 4.2 on a network that is connected to the internet through a PC running Linux and masquerading.  If I ping us.v27.distributed.net (or whatever it is) from the RS then everything works, but if I try to run rc5des the comms fails, and if I try to ping on port 2046 (or whatever) then the ping also fails.  Has anyone got any ideas how I can fix or at least trace the fault.

Thanks,

Gary

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net