[RC5] An alternative to Ip Multicast for Rc5

Mike Silbersack silby at execpc.com
Wed Sep 16 13:46:37 EDT 1998

On Tue, 15 Sep 1998 20:36:54 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time), Jon
Williams wrote:

>Instead of IP multicasting couldn't we just put the plaintext on
>webservers alll aorund the world. Everyone could donate a login to a
>webserver and the clients could connect at the specified time to a random
>webserver preselected from a list of urls. In addition, the standard
>method could be used to pick up the plaintext.
>
>If you reply to this, will you kindly CC it to joncary at ici.net.
>I'm only on the digest.
>
>	Jon Williams [joncary at ici.net]

We're considering the different ways that we can ease the inital burden
on the keyservers for des-ii-3.  Suffice it to say, we'll distribute
whatever information through the existing keyserver network, not by
multicasting or putting it on "webservers all around the world."

Mike "Silby" Silbersack
silby at execpc.com
Distributed.Net Technical Support / Programming

Put your idle CPU to work:  Add it to the world's LARGEST computer.
http://www.distributed.net/

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net