[RC5] Where do the packets disappear!??

Jon Spreha jxs557 at psu.edu
Wed Sep 16 22:29:15 EDT 1998

> Is it possible that you had generated a large number of random blocks that
> someone
> else had already returned to the proxy before you did?

I thought of this, but considering the keyspace exhausted, it would be VERY
highly unlikely for me to have cracked a high percentage of blocks that were
already cracked by someone else.

I did read that once a block has been distributed, that block does not get
re-issued (unless we would finish without getting the right block).  This
would eliminate the possibility of someone else cracking a buffered block
and submitting before I.

It's not a big deal regardless....

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net