[RC5] Where do the packets disappear!??

WINKELMANS Gunther Gunther.WINKELMANS at is.belgacom.be
Mon Sep 21 10:25:11 EDT 1998

> I did read that once a block has been distributed, that block does not
get
> re-issued (unless we would finish without getting the right block).  This
> would eliminate the possibility of someone else cracking a buffered block
> and submitting before I.

A few months ago the keyserver was not big enough to hold all blocks.
Instead it could only contain 4 subspaces.

This resulted in blocks being recycled after ONE MONTH: subspace no. 5
could only be started when subspace no. 1 was completely terminated.

At that time everybody was advised to throw inbuffers away after one month
and to get fresh ones.

I have no idea if the master keyserver has been expanded since then.

This is only something I remember from this mailing list, a small
confirmation from the d.net folks would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Gunther.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net