[RC5] Multiple Clients sharing

Eric Gindrup gindrup at okway.okstate.edu
Wed Sep 23 12:30:43 EDT 1998

     Theoretically, the buff-in and -out files may be shared between
     multiple clients.  There have been scattered troubles with NFS
     mounted buff files requiring more locks than usual to operate
     correctly...  Anyway.

     The alternative would be to set up a personal proxy and point the
     clients at it.  Unless you have *many* clients, the impact of the
     personal proxy will be lower than sharing files over NFS.
            -- Eric Gindrup ! gindrup at okway.okstate.edu