[RC5] Stats for 9/22?

Petr Novotny Petr.Novotny at antek.cz
Thu Sep 24 11:24:47 EDT 1998

Hi,

what the hell happened on Tuesday? From the two e-mail addresses I
run rc5 for, one got about 50% of finished blocks and the other zero!
I expected that to have been fixed yesterday but that didn't happen
too. Also, if you saw what I saw on Tuesday's main stat page, the
overall keyrate was under 20 - that's about 60% of what's usual. What
happened? And are the blocks lost?

<rant mode on>
I remember when joining rc5-64 project, the d.net people were pretty
responsive, explaining stuff, keeping us informed, reacting to bug
reports. Now it seems they ran for cover - it is seldom to hear ANY
official words. I started to consider leaving the project - if I
donate my CPU cycles to someone, I want to know that they are used OK
and not just thrown away.
</rant mode off>
--
Petr Novotny, ANTEK CS
Petr.Novotny at antek.cz
http://www.antek.cz
-- Don't you know there ain't no devil there's just God when he's drunk.
                                                             [Tom Waits]

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net