[RC5] "Dead" contributors

Stephen Caplan caplan at ee.ualberta.ca
Fri Sep 25 13:52:19 EDT 1998

> On another note - to help increase distributed.net power, how about an
> automated reminder to those who haven't contributed blocks in x weeks,
> or x% longer than they usually take.  I'm sure there are people who
> reinstalled windows (or whatever os they use), nuked rc5 and never
> bothered, or forgot to reinstall it.  A gentle reminder, with download
> links, might get some people back on board.

  No.  Absolutely do NOT do this.  There is already far to much spam on
  the net.  Such a bulk mailing is completely unjustified.

  If people know about RC5 and want to run a client, they will.  If they
  ran it for a day to see what it was all about and decided it wasn't
  worth their time, their should not be bothered by us.

--
Stephen Caplan
Vice President

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net