[RC5] Reporting which is REALLY busy

Henning Eiben eiben at weite-welt.com
Fri Apr 2 12:37:57 EST 1999

On Mon, Mar 29, 1999 at 03:04:12PM -0500 Aaron Kramer wrote:

> Date: Mon, Mar 29, 1999 at 03:04:12PM -0500
> From: Aaron Kramer <aaron.kramer at ins.com>
> To: To rc5 at lists.distributed.net
> Subject: [RC5] Reporting which is REALLY busy
>
> All- I've seen the bovine client on Windows NT and NT Task Manager reports
> 100% CPU used... I've seen the novell NLM client on Novell 4 and Novell 5
> and Novell Console Moniotor reports CPU barely used...
>
> The key rates on the Novell boxes are what I would expect from the hardware:
> pentiums at 330,000 or so....
>
> So am I to conclude the Task Manager is telling the truth, and the Novell
> Console Monitor isn't? One possibility is that the Novell is averaging the
> CPU over the life of the box....doesn't make sense to me...has anyone else
> seen or noticed this behavior?

I noticed the same on a P133 Novell-Server ... the CPU usage was only about
5% :( ... but we just recently killed the Novell-Server and replaced it by a
NT-Server ... so there's no prob with the keyrate anymore :)

--
Henning Eiben                                  send "get-pgp-key" for PGP-key
eiben at weite-welt.com
     BEWARE - Tagline Thief in this echo

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net