[RC5] Coordinating the use of the NT CLI and GUI Clients

Henning Eiben eiben at weite-welt.com
Fri Apr 2 12:36:02 EST 1999

On Mon, Mar 29, 1999 at 02:51:06PM -0500 Robert A. Rosenberg wrote:

> Date: Mon, Mar 29, 1999 at 02:51:06PM -0500
> From: Robert A. Rosenberg <bob.rosenberg at digitscorp.com>
> To: To rc5 at lists.distributed.net
> Subject: [RC5] Coordinating the use of the NT CLI and GUI Clients
>
> I am currently using the Windows NT GUI RC5 Client. When/If I log off NT,
> the client obviously gets stopped. I would like to have my machine continue
> to crack keys while I'm not logged on. My question is if I can use the CLI
> Client to run (using the same buff-in.rc5 file the GUI uses when running)
> while no-one is logged onto my machine and have it terminate when a logon
> is done so that the GUI Client can start-up and continue cracking from
> where the CLI client left off (and vice a versa when the logoff is done and
> the CLI fires up again to continue the work the GUI was doing).

Why would you want to do something like that? Why don't you just install the
CLI as a service in NT and your machine will always do some niche
rc5-cracking :) works fine for me since June '98

--
Henning Eiben                                  send "get-pgp-key" for PGP-key
eiben at weite-welt.com
     He's got a magnet!!! Everybody BACKUP!!!!!!!!

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net