[RC5] plunging keyrates

Michael L. Dawson mdawson at ix.netcom.com
Thu Apr 1 12:03:07 EST 1999

I had a similar experience that may or may not apply to you, but I pass it along
in case nobody else has run into this problem. I was changing out a modem and
found that if the client is set to lurk and no physical hardware actually
exists, then the client would lock up with ctrl alt del being the only way out.
I haven't experimented with changing out a network card, and I'm not going to.
>From now on, whenever I do a hardware changeout like that, I will set the client
to run in offline mode first!

mdawson

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net