[RC5] SETI@Home has begun?

Rik van Riel riel at nl.linux.org
Tue Apr 6 23:41:50 EDT 1999

On Tue, 6 Apr 1999, Santeri Saarimaa wrote:

> http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/download.html
>
> There seem to be some UNIX clients for download already, and a
> screenshot of the upcoming Windows version.

I'm testing the UNIX client to see how it behaves
when it's only got a dial-up network connection.

The protocol seems to use a lot more bandwidth than
rc5des, but it could be nice for computers that are
online all day or that do autodialling.

It'll probably break on my computer, but I guess I'll
see that in the morning :)

cheers,

Rik -- Open Source: you deserve to be in control of your data.
| Le Reseau netwerksystemen BV:               http://www.reseau.nl/ |
| Linux Memory Management site:  http://humbolt.geo.uu.nl/Linux-MM/ |
| Nederlandse Linux documentatie:          http://www.nl.linux.org/ |

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net