[RC5] SETI@Home has begun?

tony summerfelt tsummerfelt1 at home.com
Fri Apr 9 15:32:50 EDT 1999

On Thu, 8 Apr 1999 00:00:15 +0300
"Sami Sundell" <ssundell at fun13.suvela.hoas.fi> wrote:

> On the other hand, my Linux machine is on continuously, so there
> SETI at Home will work fine as it is - well, Linux client isn't a screen
> saver anyway.

if you can turn an executable program on a win9x machine (i think i
learned that HERE :) what's to stop you from using a screen saver as an
executable file?

a few months ago i wrote a program to rotate a logo. changed the
exention to '.scr' and used it as a screen saver...

'official' screen savers need to take a few parameters...

why not run the eventual windows program as a regular file, with the
caveat being it won't be very 'nice' on the system...?

.t

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net