[RC5] SETI@Home

Brad Teague Teague at NetworksPlus.com
Mon Apr 12 17:43:41 EDT 1999

	Making a client that could run like d.net's to only use idle time
and then switch to a screen saver when the computer became inactive would be
the best bet for them honestly. This way, you get continual computing
through idle cpu cycles and then could switch into "Full-Force" mode (i.e.
higher priority) as a screen saver. They would be able to get much more done
this way and would please both crowds. Also, the option to not run the
screen saver would be nice as well. From what i've read, they also need to
get down the footprint of the app as well as transmission times.  I know
this is what I'd like to see from them for me to be completely satisified
with their efforts at distributed computing.