[RC5] Rc5 getting old?

BOVINE-RC5 bovine-rc5 at mtrplx.com
Wed Apr 14 04:03:00 EDT 1999

-> OK, quick math.  At the current rate of change, it will be over a year
-> before Slashdot pulls ahead of Evangelista.  If you're on a team that is
-> lower in the ranks, things move around more often.  Still, to be really
-> excited about rc5 requires an attention span measured in years.  Granted rc5
-> shouldn't stop, but something new to attract people's attention again would
-> definitely be a good idea.  I've known more than one person who was waiting

        Speaking of stats, whatever happened to the periodic stats posting of
the RC5 project as a whole?  I.e. the messages that contained things like:
current cracking rate in gigakeys, at the current rate the key space will be
exhausted in x days, at the current rate of growth the key space will be
exhausted in x days, etc etc.

---
Stephen E. Shoesmith -- AKA Lone Wierdo
SysOp, MetroPlex Communications - Free Access To Information - 401.739.8118
Email: sysop at mtrplx.com or lone_wierdo at ids.net        Fidonet: 1:323/1212
Send mail to sspublickey at mtrplx.com for my public PGP key.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net