[RC5] Rc5 getting old?

Daniel C. Petrak dpetrak at fct.com
Tue Apr 13 13:35:05 EDT 1999

Perhaps RC5 is getting old, but that's not the true issue.

"...when you add up all the idle time, on all the computers all over the
Internet ... enormous tasks may be accomplished."

RC5 may have been chosen as a good example for the actual purpose of
distributed.net, but distributed computing is the goal here.  Personally, I
can't wait for other projects to become available through d.net.  Some of
the older machines that I will never again be able to touch will continue on
RC5.  I plan on just waiting patiently for v3 to release before I leave the
commune...

Regards,
Daniel C. Petrak
Senior System Administrator