[RC5] Rc5 getting old?

David Taylor rc5 at xfiles.nildram.co.uk
Wed Apr 14 18:44:32 EDT 1999

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Tom Garner wrote:

> I also find the SETI project of a humorous note, reading the previous
> posts that state that SETI is MORE worthwhile project, my comment to
> you is this, what will happen after two years?  Are you going to get

According to the SETI at home FAQ the SETI project will only run for 2
years, then shut down.  Though I have a feeling if they attract lots of
people they may try to run more 'historical' data through the clients.

> bored with that?  Do you THINK that SETI will tell you that they FOUND
> something?  Or do you think they might just say "line noise" and rush
> off to do their own 1st Contact?   I've looked at their site briefly
> and haven't really READ it (maybe I should...), but I don't want to
> turn this into the SETI D.Net site, so you can just bombard me via
> email...

They claim somewhere in your FAQ that you may, if you wish, be listed as a
'co-finder' (or something) if they find life.  So yes, I would assume they
would inform you.

--
David Taylor
E-Mail:	dtaylor at nildram.co.uk.spam