[RC5] I'm After more PCs and looking for RC5-64 News stories

Charles Franks Charlz at lvcablemodem.com
Wed Apr 14 13:30:42 EDT 1999

I have run DOS 6.2 and the DOS client off a floppy. I didn't do a real
scientific study but it looks like having to access the floppy really slows it
down. I had 14 totally identical machines, started them all at the same time and
after approx. 2 days there was as much as a 15 (2^31) block difference between
the most and least blocks completed. Some of this may be attributed to variances
even in identical machines or I figured it was most likely variances in how each
machine 'liked' its floppy.

Charles