[RC5] I'm After more PCs and looking for RC5-64 News stories

dan carter motion at es.co.nz
Thu Apr 15 10:22:20 EDT 1999

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999 20:28:41 +0000, David Cantrell wrote:

>One of my machines is running a perproxy to avoid bringing my ISDN line
>up all the time whenever a machine finishes a set of blocks.  For the
>CPU-type and OS-type stats, will my blocks be credited to the OS and
>CPU of the perproxy, or does it preserve the OS/CPU data from the
>clients?

The client puts OS information into the buffers, and the proxy relays
it faithfully.  The only thing that changes is that the pproxies ip
address will appear to have completed the block rather than the ip of
the real cracking machine.  But seen as the stats by host name
disapeared many years ago i guess you won't ever notice that effect.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net