[RC5] Rc5 getting old?

rmc at rmc.eti.br rmc at rmc.eti.br
Wed Apr 14 20:29:41 EDT 1999

They are dreaming.

You see, any project like this will have a "curve". What I mean is, they
will not get lots of cracking power at start: so, SETI: don't think you'll
have the estimated 100.000 clients running on the first day. I think they
will reach this mark with 6 months or so, if ever.

If they reach success, yes, they will probably "extend" this 2 year
timeframe. SETI needs publicity. They also need credit and funding. This
project is their fine time to reach as much people as they ever wanted. This
project is also a good oportunitiy not to really find something, but to show
everybody that it works... sort of. All my machines working on RC5 will
continue to do their jobs. But yes, I will install the ss anyway, on two or
three machines at home. :-)

Romulo