[RC5] DOS Client

Hugo Villeneuve harpagon at rocketmail.com
Wed Apr 14 18:46:13 EDT 1999

It can't be done. In DOS there is only one process running at any time
(the foreground process or command.com). TSR stay in memory but doesn't
get any processor time.

They can attach themself to IRQs so that they can get executed when an
external event trigger an IRQ, the CPU then drop every thing he's doing
and execute the code.

Or they modify or add entries to the dos interuption table to make their
services available for other program. Other program have to call the
interuption to get the service. A lot of services are made available in
this way by the DOS.

I could be wrong, I'm not an expert.

Hugo Villeneuve
(with d.net since February 1998)