[RC5] DOS Client

Rynier Erasmus raynman at dbn.lia.net
Thu Apr 15 08:10:08 EDT 1999

Hmmm...

Not so far as I know...I've used the DOS client extensively at work (we assemble and
test new PCs and they stand idle for most fo the day until we put them on burn-in
"enter floppy RC5"), and I use it at home...
The only way I've found of running the DOS RC5 client _AND_ other apps is using a
multiuser DOS of some description. In my case I use Real/32 from Intelligent Micro
Software. It allows me to run multiple DOS sessions, and multiple networking apps in a
fully 32bit, realtime OS...
I just stick the DOS client in one of the "phantom sessions" (background session not
needing constant supervisoon) and keep track of it by checking it once a day with a
utility they supply to "look" at other sessions in the machine.
I share the input and output buffers across my network with the Win32 client on the NT
machine, by running the DOS MS client available fromt he NT4 Server CD in the session
that I want to run the client in and mapping the directory on the NT machine.

I figure you *should* be able to run both your BBS and the DOS client in this way...I
have no experience with BBSs so I have no clue if it'll run on the OS...But it should
since it runs DOS software natively and not in an emulator : ))

Ummm...More details about Real/32 can be found on the website...

        http://www.imsltd.com/

Have fun and keep cracking...
Rayn