[RC5] what about OGR?

Ivo Janssen ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl
Sat Apr 17 13:01:44 EDT 1999

On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, Rich Mays wrote:

> About the time of the last DES contest, I think, they announced plans to
> make OGR part of the client.  I followed the links (because I was curious
> about OGR), and I found that the code to generate the data wasn't all that
> difficult to make.  I had a working program in about four hours, and I
> optimized it in about three days (not working on my code the whole time, of
> course).  Does anyone know when we can expect OGR to work??  Im looking
> forward to this, because I, like MANY other poeple, am simply getting tired
> of RC5.  It's simply taking too long.

Writing a core isn't that difficult, especially if you start out with
the existing code from the existing contests.
Integrating it in the client, proxies and master and letting it build on
a lot of different platforms IS.
But OGR support for the clients is _almost_ done. A tiny little more
patience please :)

Ivo

--

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net