[RC5] Thoughts on Stats and Inactive Users

Matt Darnley matt at linc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Apr 19 20:57:12 EDT 1999

> As an encouragement to newcomers like myself, I think that it would be
> better if the stats page rankings did not include those people who have
> been inactive, for say, 30 days or more.  Their numbers could be
> preserved and revived if they rejoined the effort, but the rankings
> would include only those people who have contributed within the last
> month.

I persoannly would be against this, a lot of people who I know, who
participate frequently don't flush their buufers so that they can build up
a lot of blocks so that when they do flush they appear in the top ten.

When you say that these people shouldn't be included in the stats - do you
mean that they should be deleted?  What if poeple stopped participating,
for what ever reason, and then decided to continue?

Matt Darnley

Computing Officer
Lincoln College
University of Oxford