[RC5] Thoughts on Stats and Inactive Users

Clay Autery cautery at cnetech.com
Mon Apr 19 12:20:23 EDT 1999

Actually, if you look at it a different way, keeping everyone in the database
can be a good motivator too.  When you are new, you move up in the stats, 100s
or 1000s at a time (depending on processing power).  If you could somehow take
out all the stale addresses at the bottom (> 30 days as you say) you would have
a higher initial ranking (maybe), but you would progress upward in the rankings
much more slowly.

I like them the way they are now better I think.  I just hope that things like
team listings, histories, and all the other potentially cool stuff will come
online soon.  With the new database system, there is a ton of stuff that could
be done to perk up interest and make it easier for us to maintain current
contributors and to recruit new ones.

Just my opinion though...  ;)
Clay