[RC5] Thoughts on Stats and Inactive Users

Chris Paulson-Ellis Chris_Paulson-Ellis at eur.3com.com
Tue Apr 20 12:26:51 EDT 1999

>> As an encouragement to newcomers like myself, I think that it would be
>> better if the stats page rankings did not include those people who have
>> been inactive, for say, 30 days or more. [snip]

> Actually, if you look at it a different way, keeping everyone in the database
> can be a good motivator too. [snip]

I agree with you both, so how about two (or more) rankings? An overall
ranking and a last month ranking? Other interesting rankings could be
invented... by processor type, os, geographical region, network
connectivity, sexual preference, etc. All these would help maintain
interest during these long dry periods and provide excellent flame
war ordinance ("If you say Linux is so good, how come the Australian
vegetarians have completed so many blocks with OS/390?").

:-)

Chris.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net