[RC5] Thoughts on Stats and Inactive Users

rmc at rmc.eti.br rmc at rmc.eti.br
Tue Apr 20 20:42:13 EDT 1999

I also agree with that.

Stats are a very good reason to keep up running, well, at least, another
good reason. Please, don't take me wrong, I don't think that it is cool to
run D.Net just to have a nice stat ranking, but as you said, a stats info,
with location (say, country, or: "you were the xxth person in your country
yesterday"), operating systems (please come back!!), Platform (come back
too!)...

Anyway, I look to the stats EVERY single day. Not to figure out how many
clients I just passed, but to try to figure out why I did more or less
blocks than a day before. I had a problem once, when I only discovered that
some clients were dead after looking at the stats. Most of my contribution
comes from hidden clients, and I don't use to "tweak" with them frequently.

Romulo Moacyr Cholewa
ICQ UIN: 832755. PGP Keys Available.
"Save your 'delete' button campaign. Sue a spammer!"