[RC5] If you were writing our next client, what would you put in it?

Chris Eaton tridus at inforamp.net
Tue Apr 27 19:12:15 EDT 1999

This is a good idea... except that if you have computers that buffer a lot of
blocks or are offline for a while and generate random blocks, you can end up
with thousands of files. On really large Windows hard drives, each file takes
up several kilobytes of space (my fat32 drive is using 4k clusters right now,
normal fat is a lot worse).. so you could have directories of blocks actually
taking up several MB instead of the 130k or so they do right now.