[RC5] New Client features

dan carter motion at es.co.nz
Thu Apr 29 09:29:25 EDT 1999

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999 18:20:19 -0700, Torren Craigie-Manson wrote:
>I'd like to see either a remote control function that's platform
>independant

Try VNC, building this sort of functionality would IMO, bloat the
client for a function that it is best to have other programs perform.

>, or some way of customizing a package for him, so that I can
>configure the client on my pc, "zip" it, send it to him, and have it
>automatically install & configure when he double clicks it.

install it in a directory on your machine, configure it and zip it back
up.
Send it to him and all he has to do is type rc5des -install (works and
win32 and OS/2 (maybe more?))

>--
>Join Team Canada! Team #84!

Join Team New Zealand #362!