[RC5] Dnet and K6/233 CPU cooling

Jim C. Nasby jim at nasby.net
Thu Apr 29 18:15:53 EDT 1999

A few quick comments on overclocking/heat problems:

First, if the system overheats with the client running, turning the client off
is a temporary solution at best. The next time your CPU is at 100% for an
extended period of time, you'll just end up crashing again.

Second, there's some very good overclocking resources on the web, such as
www.tomshardware.com . There's also some good info on cooling products at
www.thermalnet.com and http://www.computernerd.com/ .

Finally, many computers come with a very wimpy heatsink/fan. In my experience,
the fan is the more important of the two... make sure it can move a lot of
air.

Moo!
dB!