[RC5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #282

Andrew Clarence Frank acfrank at undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Apr 28 17:37:58 EDT 1999

I personally prefer the suggestion that clients have proxy capabilities
built in.  I think we'd also need a network-lurk only form of connection.

Thus your desktop could act as a proxy for your laptop.  Your laptop would
always keep blocks local, and when it's connected to the desktop, it could
fetch/flush it's blocks.  A client with proxy capabilities would be much
more flexible, and should be able to solve this as well as other problems.
It should also be easier to maintain as the laptop's blocks would always
be flushed automatically, instead of having to be manually flushed after
being disconected from the desktop.  With the new FIFO buffer
capabilities, it would also mean that you don't find yourself with year
old blocks on the laptop.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net