[RC5] One file per block (etc)

Zypher zypher at clanusr.com
Wed Apr 28 19:19:51 EDT 1999

Two words: pak files.

Quake (and the programs that followed, such as Quake II and Halflife :) use
them.

They have entire directory trees inside them (same structure as windows so
you can export easily) yet show as one file. (hence no cluster problem) And
they can be run from on the fly, adding and removing within the game etc
etc. (and from windows with pakeplr)  I'm sure theres another similar scheme
that isn't just used for 3D games by id, but the idea is the same. Somewhat
like zip files, but unlike zips more aimed for continuous usability. (if
you've ever gotten into the game slike I have, you know what I mean ;)
zypher at clanusr.com
www.halflife.net/rc5
"No, not bad spelling, bad typing"