[RC5] CSC

Adam Jacobs AdamJ at ENTREK.com
Wed Dec 1 11:00:29 EST 1999

Sorry, just another $.02
I think this is a great idea, but is anyone aware just how much it slows
down the SETI client?
I know a few friends over at Microsoft who hacked the client to stop running
the graphics..
Over 20x speed increase.
So, I would have to suggest that whatever graphics our client does:
They shouldn't be real at all. ;) That way, we can get the users, and the
speed too. ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: Filipe Joel Almeida [mailto:fja at mail.nbporto.novabase.pt]
Sent: Monday, November 29, 1999 12:23 AM
To: rc5 at lists.distributed.net
Subject: RE: [RC5] CSC

> Why not make a Util that read the log and create a nice screensaver
> picture where the can see how many key's there machine already have
> eat

That would be some progress, for sure, but I must ask miself if it would be
enough. As I said in a previous post, the magic of SETI is that it doesn't
just show the 'blocks' already 'cracked'. It puts in the screen a
'translation' of the 'cracking method'. Maybe something like that could be
done with our clients too. Too bad I'm not a programmer, or I woul try to do
it miself.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net