[RC5] CSC

Doug Tabacco tabacco at california.com
Wed Dec 1 17:38:22 EST 1999

The trouble is, we don't have a whole lot to show as a graph.  keyrates, perhaps, but that's not very interesting.  the best we could do would be to show each key as it's checked, which would slow the process enourmosly, and at x thousand keys per second, wouldn't be readable anyway.  Perhaps we could show a random sampling of keys tested, or just show random hex values (that don't neccesarily correspond with what's being t0ested), and do some sort of effect to make them look fancy, while showing them at a suffieciently high rate of speed that it looks like the client is working pretty fast, then do a small "buffer remaining" and "block progress" indicator at the bottom.  You could even have a datafile of enough random key values to just loop them without the user noticing duplicates, so that the processor effort required to generate random keys wouldn't be required.